This year the theme of Met Gala 2018 is “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination”; the accompanying museum exhibition explores the relationship between fashion and Catholicism with religiously inspired couture designs and real ecclesiastical garments. Celebrities were dressed up in some over the top outfits. Here we listed some of the top looks and outfits from Met Gala 2018.
Scroll down to see all the pictures
- 1. Host Rihanna wore a beaded Margiela dress and mitre-style hat with a clear papal inspiration
- 2. Ketty Perry wore a gold minidress and knee-high boots with enormous feathered angel wings
- 3. Blame Lively looked exceptional at the Met Gala 2018
- 4. Ariana Grande gauzy Vera Wang dress featuring images from Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel fresco.
- 5. PeeCee rocked this gorgeous RalphLaurenn gown
- 6. Jennifer Lopez Balmain gown matches with Gala’s theme
- 7. Emilia Clarke in a Tube-gown with a long trail
- 8. Kim Kardashian looks absolutely incredible in this Atelier Versace gown
- 9. Zendaya looks stunning in her warrior look
- 11. Kylie Jenner in a black gown
- 12. Janelle Monáe’s hat and the headpiece are astonishing with the spectacular black and white gown
- 13. Amaal Clooney wearing a dramatic metallic floral-print corset dress
- 14. Black Panther totally slayed in his theme outfit!
- 15. Irina Shayk and Bradley Cooper looked amazing together
- 16. Emma & Nicolas Ghesquiere
1. Host Rihanna wore a beaded Margiela dress and mitre-style hat with a clear papal inspiration
View this post on Instagram
@badgalriri in custom Maison Margiela by John Galliano #rihanna #metgala2018 #metball #metheavenlybodies #metgala #metball2018 #heavenlybodies #fashionandthecatholicimagination #fashion #redcarpet #metmuseum #metropolitanmuseumofart #celebrities #maisonmargiela #johngalliano #newyork