Bollywood movies are always known for their wonderful goose bumping dialogues from the beginning. But, few of them in the last five decades were like mile-stones of the Film Industry. Bollywood movie buffs and lovers are usually repeating their favorite dialogues with their friends and colleagues often.
Here is the list of 30 most beloved dialogues from the Golden era of Bollywood till today.
1. Devdas is the only title recreated three times in the film Industry. But the Devdas of Dilip Kumar is unparalleled. His expressions were amazing when he said “Kaun Kambakht Bardasth Karne Ko Peeta hai…”
2. Old cult classic but milestone movie of the Film Industry and probably most expensive movie of 60s decade Mughal-E-Azam’s “Anarkali! Hum Tujhe Jeene nahi Denge Aur Saleem Tujhe Marne Nahi Dega” by Prithviraj Kapoor
The way Rajkumar and Devanand delivers their dialogues was completely different but amazing
3.This Iconic film “WAQT (1965)” has its own fan following even after 55 years of release. In this film, Great legendary actor Raj Kumar had a Dialogue “Chinoy Seth, Jinke Ghar Sheeshey ke ho vo Dusro Ke Ghar Patthar Nahi Phenka Karte”
4. Another famous dialogue from the same movie “Waqt” and from the same most Stylish Actor Raj Kumar was “Jaani, Ye Chaku hai, koi bachchon ke khelne ki Cheez Nahi, lag jaye to khoon Nikal aata hai”
5. The one and only film of who Kings of Bollywood Industry, Dilip Kumar and Rajkumar’s Saudagar Had a world-famous dialogue again by most Stylish actor Raj Kumar “Hum Tumhen Marenge aur Zaroor Marenge, lekin vo Bandook Bhi humari hogi, Vo Goli bhi Humari Hogi aur vo Waqt bhi Humara Hoga”
6. From the film guide, Romantic drama actor-producer Devanand delivered a very emotional and philosophical dialogue “Lagta hai aaj har ichcha poori hogi … par mazaa dekho … aaj koi ichcha hi nahi rahi”
7. This one is also from the Movie Guide. Do not think anything else just feel the pain behid this dialogue when Devanand said “Baatein Karne Ke Liye Itna Taras Raha Tha Ki Socha thodi Peekar, apne aap se Kuch Kahunga”
And Then the Angry Young Man AMITABH BACHCHAN Arrived in Industry
8. One more from big b from his best-ever film Deewar (for me of course), this scene was shot in a Godown when Amitabh challenged some goons after this dialogue “Tum Log Mujhe bahar Dhundh Rhe ho aur Main Tumhara yaha Interzaar Kar rha Hun”
9. One of best monologues by Amitabh Bachchan is from the movie “Deewar”
when he was in a temple and front of the statue of Lord Shiva and asked “Aaj Khush to bahut hoge tum, vo jisne aaj tak tumhari dehliz par Kadam nahi rakha, vo aaj tumhare samne hath failaaye khada hai…..”
10. Shahanshah of Bollywood has his own Shahanshahi dialogue from the same name film “Rishtey Mein to Hum Tumhare Baap Lagte hain, Naam Hai Shehanshah”
11. There was an era of Shahanshah Amitabh Bachchan, where his style, look, or dialogues, everything was copied by his fans. His Famous Dialogue “Hum Jahan Khade Hote Hain, Line Wahi Se Shuru Hoti Hai” from the movie Kalia is still mimicked by many stand up comedians.
Non-Labile Dialogues of Sholay
12. And Now now now! we have a film SHOLAY which has all its dialogues are famous till to date. But Gabbar’s that dialogue “Jo Darr Gaya Samjho Vo Marr gya” get its placed in student’s course too.
13. One more from Sholay, when Viru (Dharmendra) was tied by Gabbar and Gabbar (Amjad Khan) blackmailed Basanti to dance, then Viru roars “Basanti Inn Kutto Ke Samne Matt Nachna”
SHOTGUN Shatrughan never gets behind in the race of perfect dialogue Deliveries
14. And when we discussing of Negative characters of Bollywood, how can we forget the Dashing Ajit, A superhit film by Shotgun Shatrughan Sinha (Kalicharan -1976); Ajit’s that Dialogue that got world-famous “Sara Shahar Mujhe Lion Ke Naam Se Jaanta hai”
15. From the movie Vishwanath, Shatrughan Sinha had a iconic Dialogue “Jali Ko Aag Kahte hain Bujhi Ko Rakh Kahte hain, iss Rakh Se Jo Barud Bane, Use Vishwanath Kahte hain”
16. In Mere Apne, Shatrughan Sinha was a novice, a new cummer in Hindi film Industry but his dialogue delivery made him a confident and brilliant actor “Shyaam Aaye To keh dena Chhenu Aaya tha.. Bahut Garmi hai agar Khoon mein to Beshaq aa jaye maidan me”
KAKA had his own cheeky way to deliver the heaviest dialogues in a simple way
17. Hrishikesh Mukharjee was one of the best parallel cinema filmmakers. His best film was anand and dialogues of Anand was penned by Both Hrishi da and Gulzar. This dialogue was from Rajesh Khanna to Amitabh Bachchan, when he replied “Babumoshay, Zindagi aur maut to upar wale ke hath mein hai, hum to bas rang manch ki kathpulliyan hain…
18. I told you, Film Anand had not one or two but many many dialogues which could be place here undoubtly, one more from the same which is not just a dialogue but a lesson of life too
“Babu Moshay, Zindagi lambi nhi badi honi chahiye…”
19.Rajesh Khanna was a superstar for more than five years of Industry. And his dialogue delivery was appreciated by every critic in those times. His dialogue “Pushpa, I hate tears” is still recalled by comedians.
Mogambo fame Amrish Puri Dialogues
20. Amrish Puri was always popular when we talk about gray shade characters, Amrish’s each and every character has its own fan following even today. From the movie Tahalka (1992), his famous Dialogue “Dong Kabhi Wrong Nahi Hota” is still mimicked by many artists.
21.One more famous dialogue from Amrish puri, Anil Kapoor and Sridevi’s blockbuster film Mr. India is “Mogambo Khush hua“. If you watched that film before, you might know that Amrish Puri Recite this dialogue in various styles, and each and every time he brilliantly changed his expressions too.
Some dialogues got more attention even than the actor who delivered that….
22. One of the many big hits of Sunil Shetty, Dhadkan is the most valuable film of his career. And his dialogue at the time when he encounters the film’s lead actress Shilpa Shetty, he said “Anjali! Main tumhen bhool jaun ye Ho Nahi sakta aur Tum Mujhe bhool jao ye main Hone Nahi Dunga”
23. Prem Chopra was the replacement of Rajesh Khanna in bobby, and who knows his single scene in this film with his own name would make him a world-famous artist. His dialogue was “Prem, Prem Naam Hai Mera” and terrifying expressions.
24. Sunny Deol and his Angry Young Man roles were the strenth of the Industry in early Nineties. His blockbuster film “Ghatak had a dialogue “Yeh Majdoor Ka Hath Hai Katiyaa, Lohe Ko pighlakar Uska Aakaar Badal Deta hai”
25. Nana Patekar has is unique furious way to deliver his dialogues. He is too good in improvisation of his dialogues too. His movie Krantiveer is famous only for his dialogues.
“Le, Yeh Musalman Ka Khoon aur Ye Hindu Ka, bataa, ab bataa Ismen Kaun Sa khoon Hindu Ka aur Kaun Sa Khoon Musalman Ka”
In the time of Nineties when Shah Rukh and Salman started to rule of Industry
26. Shahrukh Khan’s baazigar was the milestone of his career and his Dialogue to Kajol got viral in those times “Kabhi Kabhi kuch Jeetne ke liye Kuchh Harna padta hai”
27. Another from Shahrukh from Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge was “Raj! Agar ye tujhe pyar karti hai to tujhe palat ke dekhegi… Palat… Palat… Palat…”
28. Suraj Badjatya’s award-winning film Maine Pyar Kiya has a most famous dialogue which still relevant between youth “Dosti Ka ek Usool hai Madam, Dosti Mein No Sorry, No thank you”
And few dialogues from Recent Modern Cinema
29. From recent cinema. This scene recalls you the action-comedy movie of Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha’s Dabangg “Thappad Se Darr Nahi Lagta Saab, Pyar Se Lagta hai”
30. In Recent Cinema, Anand L Rai’s milestone film Ranjhana has a unique dialogue “Namaz Mein Woh Thi par laga Dua Humari Qubool Ho Gyi”
That’s it for us, but not for you… These thirty dialogues are not even a drop of the huge ocean of Bollywood’s non-labile dialogues. Let’s see which is your favorite from the above list and which one you think we missed to mention?
Your response will be highly awaited….. 😉