Are you wondering what to watch and how to pass your time whilst in quarantine? Well, when it comes to indulging in the feeling of warmth and bliss – there is no better way to achieve this but to put your feet up and binge watch some love stories. Love with a twist, love that is sugar and spice and all things nice and a love that was lost but is found again – we’ve got it all!
We have handpicked the top 5 love stories to watch on MX player:
- Aani Kay Hava 1 & 2– The first time you cook together, the first festival you celebrate as a couple, your first major fight, the down payment for your first car and the joy of buying your first house – Season 1 of this slice of life series explored the magical firsts in the life of Jui (Priya Bapat) and Saket (Umesh Kamat). Season 2 of this lighthearted series explores what comes next in the life of these married couples and witnesses how the couple’s bond strengthens over time. Directed by Varun Narvekar, this show helps you find happiness in small events of your life
- Pawan and Pooja– This relationship drama explores the lives of 3 couples – all coincidentally named Pawan and Pooja, who, at different stages of their lives discover that their love is indeed conditional, breakable and questionable. Bound by trust and now in their 60’s – Pawan and Pooja Kalra (Deepti Naval and Mahesh Manjrekar) decide to make a Regret List and mark off all that they couldn’t in their young age. Battling a stagnant marriage in their 40’s, Pawan (Sharman Joshi) and Pooja Mehra (Gul Panag) have loved none other but each other, however – that love is no longer the same. In their 20s’s, Pawan Srivastav (Taaruk Raina) and Pooja Maheshwari (Natasha Bharadwaj) love their online friends and the virtual world above themselves but for how long? These complex relationships and their even more complex emotions are all brought alive in this 10 episodic series examines the complexities of the one emotion that connects us all: LOVE
- Do Not Disturb– What happens in the bedroom of a modern Gujarati couple? Do Not Disturb is the key to this question. Maulik and Meera are contemporary Gujarati couple living with Maulik’s parents. Maulik is your typical Amdavadi boy – loves food, respects traditions, partying with his friends, keeps his parents above everything and loves his wife. Meera is a Gujarati girl and a Mumbai-chi multi at heart. She’s progressive, modern and adores her hubby. Do Not Disturb brings to life the intimate conversations between the husband and wife, the difference in opinions and, the mark of a successful relationship, the compromises they make for their love
- Once a Year– Adding a twist of romance and love, this 6 episodic series stars Mrinmayee Goldbole & Nipun Dharmadhikari that follows the romantic journey of a couple over a course of six years. Starting from their days in college to beyond, this rom com captures the true essence of friendship, love and togetherness
- Cheesecake– The show revolves around a married couple and how they are stuck in a rut of their fast-paced mechanical lives. Missing out on the joy of living, loving and companionship, their story seesa twist when they have an uninvited four-legged guest (dog) sitting in their house. And how the dog’s unconditional love brings the couple closer and helps them find happiness in each other’s company. The series stars digital stars Jitendra Kumar and Akanksha Thakur
Watch each of these shows on MX Player for FREE!