6 SONGS THAT HAVE IMMORTALIZED MANISH MALHOTRA IN OUR MEMORIES
This one man has many names and even more talents. Manish Malhotra is the ultimate Bollywood fashion designer and there ain’t anybody like him.
Manish Malhotra’s name has forever been etched in our memories. He invented styling and reinvented fashion in Bollywood! Son of an air-conditioning business owner, he did not just make a place for himself in the Bollywood industry but immortalized it with his work and evolution as a designer.
It’s the Fashion Genius’s birthday today and we can’t afford to miss his birthday! Having completed more than 25 years in the industry as a costume designer, Manish Malhotra has given us costumes that we still can’t stop drooling over and the man has been in vogue ever since he stepped foot in the industry.
1. Rangeela did not just change an individual’s fate but the entire industry’s. Manish Malhotra got the much deserved acknowledgement and the industry got it’s most talented stylist who later carved a niche for himself as one of the best designers in the world. From chokers, High-waisted trousers, Abstract print dresses to chiffon skirts and ruffled sleeves, Manish made Urmila Matondkar look absolutely beguiling!
2. One film that launched six debutants was a huge risk in itself, of course YRF films had to play safe too. That’s exactly why they cast Shahrukh khan in the film and roped in Manish Malhotra as the costume designer. The designer had a lot up his sleeves and we all know he lived upto the expectations! From Pastels, glitters to latex, we definitely had a list of costumes that we’d loved to own!
3. K3G will always remain the epic film for multitude of reasons and Manish Malhotra’s costumes will definitely grab it’s place in the top 5 slot! Kareena Kapoor Khan was introduced to the world in an absolutely new avatar one that is still the most talked about film character in the Bollywood industry. Of course, her costumes in the film qualified as every college girl’s dream wardrobe, back then, of which the Bole Chuddiyan attire still makes for an evergreen outfit! Kajol clad in some neon coloured sarees in Suraj Hua Maddham is #FashionGoals to date!
4. Deewangi Deewangi is a historic song in its truest sense and while Manish Malhotra has designed costumes for a bevy of stars, this was probably the maximum number of stars donning Manish Malhotra outfits in one song! Which star’s attire did you like the most?
5. We saved the best for the last and that’s because the costumes designed for this particular song was, is and will always be in vogue. 14 years later we still love these attires as much as we love the song!
Manish Malhotra is still unstoppable and irrepressible and there are some things we’d never wish to be changed!
Happiest Birthday Mr Malhotra! May you continue to rise and shine!