9 Surprising Facts About Gulshan Grover That You Don’t Know
Ahead of the release of Gulshan Grover’s biography, Bad Man, we have discovered 9 lesser-known facts about the life of this quintessential Bollywood villain. Having led a rollercoaster life filled with many highs and lows, Gulshan Grover has played iconic roles that have earned him a special place in the hearts of the audiences. Read on to find out.
1. Although the bridge between Hollywood and Bollywood today is very strong, Grover was one of the first few actors who crossed over early on to act overseas.
2. His first Hollywood film was The Second Jungle Book: Mowgli and Baloo as far back as 1997.
3. Gulshan is a close friend of Prince Charles’ and has bonded with him on numerous occasions.
4. Versatility is Gulshan Grover’s second name. He has delivered performances in German, Australian, Polish, Canadian, Iranian, Malaysian, and Nepali films. His ability to fit into any character with ease has earned him praise across languages, genres, and platforms.
5. Gulshan comes from Roshan Taneja School of Acting, which has given Bollywood some of its most talented actors.
6. For his brilliance in acting, Gulshan has been recognized world over at many platforms and has received awards like the BCC award, the Giants Award in Art and Cinema, the Stardust Best actor award, the New York Film festival award, the Searchlights award for Best Actor and many more.
7. His eccentric sense of humour is renowned. In 2016, to pay a tribute to women, he wore a black skirt to his film promotion and also said he owned six more! He said that his characters onscreen often didn’t treat women right, and this was his way of saluting them. The unique fashionable apology was widely appreciated.
8. He played himself in India’s first-ever mockumentary film, also titled Bad Man, which is a story representing his life and journey. Industry stalwarts and important characters in Grover’s life like Mahesh Bhatt, Manisha Koirala, Ranjeet, Farah Khan, and others played themselves. With an out-of-the-box storyline, this film received acclaim and was selected for the Moscow International Film Festival. It was also be showcased at the London Indian Film Festival.
9. The most shocking of them all – Gulshan Grover was bitten by the acting bug early in his life and would act in plays for Little Theatre Group in Delhi during college.
Penguin India will soon release Gulshan Grover’s biography, ‘BAD MAN’, written by senior journalist Roshmila Bhattacharya.
For more Bollywood updates, follow Bollyy!
Tags: Bollywood, Bollywood News, Bollywood Updates, Television, Telly News, Gulshan Grover, 9 Unknown Facts Gulshan Grover, Badman