Amazon original series mirzapur season 2 creates history!
Becomes the most-watched show of all-time on prime video india within a week of the release of its second season
Following the remarkable success of its first season, Amazon Original Series Mirzapur creates history with its second season. Amazon Prime Video today announced that the raw, gritty and intense crime drama has become the most-watched show on the service in India within just 7 days of the release of the eagerly awaited new season. Riding high on the success of Season 2 of Mirzapur, Amazon Prime Video also announced the greenlighting of Season 3 of the series that has perfectly captured the zeitgeist.
Appreciated by fans and critics alike for its gripping storyline and phenomenal performances, the latest season of Mirzapur has taken the unmatched fandom of the show several notches higher. The second season of Mirzapur not only recorded one of the highest completion rates but remarkably almost half of the viewers who completed the series, binge-watched the second season within just 48 hours of its launch, setting a new benchmark.
With a stellar ensemble cast featuring Pankaj Tripathi, Ali Fazal , Divyenndu, Shweta Tripathi Sharma Rasika Dugal , Harshita Shekhar Gaur , in the lead roles alongside Amit Sial, Anjum Sharma, Sheeba Chaddha, Manu Rishi Chadha and Rajesh Tailang, the show continues to receive massive adulation and viewership from across the world. This season also featured Vijay Varma, Priyanshu Painyuli, and Isha Talwar who have left an indelible impression on audiences with their passionate and layered performances.
The fans of show will be delighted to know that the series, created and produced by Excel Media and Entertainment, has been greenlit for a third season.
The returning season of Mirzapur received high acclaim from critics and audiences. The exceptional performance by the entire cast, has yet again left the fans mesmerized, who are now eagerly awaiting the next season.
Some other key highlights and success stories for Mirzapur Season 2 include:
· As tracked by ListenFirst, based on the social mentions (Launch till 7 days), Mirzapur Season 2 reigns as the most talked about Indian Original streaming series till date.
· Cutting across geographies, Mirzapur Season 2 was watched in over 180 countries within 7 days of its release on the service
“At Amazon, we keep our customers at the heart of everything we do. The overwhelming response on the new season of Mirzapur is a testament to our commitment and efforts”, Aparna Purohit, Head of India Originals, Amazon Prime Video India said, “Over the last two years, viewers continued to engage with the immersive universe of Mirzapur and its characters.
The love that they have showered on the show for this season has been unprecedented. This encouraging response propels us towards creating content that is exciting, unique and something that our audiences can fall in love with over and over again. Our collaboration with Excel Media and Entertainment has always been wonderful and we are happy to share this success with them.”
Ritesh Sidhwani, Producer, Excel Entertainment, said, “Across two gripping seasons, Mirzapur has become a global sensation and we couldn’t be happier associating with Amazon Prime Video to make this happen! The show’s massive fandom and the viewers’ magnitude of love towards the new season was seen through reactions on social media within days of its release, and we are truly humbled by the response.”
Synopsis of Mirzapur Season 2:
The universe of Mirzapur has become more immersive with power, politics and revenge at the centre of it. On one hand, the fight between Munna and Guddu to take over Mirzapur intensifies, on the other hand the narrative takes us to the power corridors where a nexus between politics and criminals prevails.
The women of Mirzapur have become bolder and more complex and will not hesitate in using any means to achieve their goals. Who will win in the end? Is there any one left to challenge the Tripathis? The canvas gets bigger this season, but the rules remain the same – without spilling blood you won’t survive here!
Mirzapur 2 joins the thousands of TV shows and movies from Hollywood and Bollywood in the Prime Video catalogue. These include Indian films Gulabo Sitabo, Shakuntala Devi, Ponmagal Vandhal, French Biriyani, Law, Sufiyum Sujatayum, Nishabdham, V, CU Soon, and Penguin, Indian-produced Amazon Original series like Bandish Bandits, Breathe: Into The Shadows, Paatal Lok, The Forgotten Army – Azaadi Ke Liye, Four More Shots Please S1 and 2, The Family Man, Mirzapur, Inside Edge S1, and S2, and Made In Heaven and the award-winning and critically acclaimed global titles like Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Hunters, Fleabag, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
All this is available at no extra cost for Amazon Prime members. The service includes titles in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, and Bengali.
Prime members will be able to watch Mirzapur 2 anywhere and anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, Apple TV, etc. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost.
Prime Video is available in India to Prime members for just ₹999 annually or ₹129 monthly and new customers can find out more at www.amazon.in/prime.
ABOUT AMAZON PRIME VIDEO
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers Prime members a collection of award winning Amazon Original series, thousands of movies, and TV shows—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. Find out more at PrimeVideo.com.
● Included with Prime Video: Mirzapur 2 joins thousands of TV shows and movies from Hollywood and Bollywood, including Indian produced Amazon Original series such as The Family Man, Mirzapur, Inside Edge and Made In Heaven, and award-winning and critically acclaimed global Amazon Original series including Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Hunters, Fleabag, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel available for unlimited streaming as part of a Prime membership. Prime Video includes titles available in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi and Bengali.
● Instant Access: Members can watch anywhere, anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, Apple TV, and multiple gaming devices. Prime Video is also available to consumers through Airtel and Vodafone pre-paid and post-paid subscription plans. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost.
● Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
● Included with Prime: Prime Video is available in India at no extra cost with Prime membership for just ₹999 annually or ₹129 monthly and new customers can find out more at www.amazon.in/prime.
About Excel Entertainment
Excel Entertainment’s oeuvre comprises of a string of box-office hits like Dil Chahta Hai, Don, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Talaash & Fukrey. Alongside these blockbusters, Excel has also launched avant-garde ventures like Gully Boy, India’s first hip hop film and the official entry to the Academy Awards this year and Inside Edge, India’s first original series on Amazon Prime Video that was nominated for the coveted International Emmy Awards under the Best Drama category in 2018.
In addition to commercially successful cinema, Excel has consistently garnered critical acclaim, Rock On being one such accomplishment that won the production house its second National Award in 2008.