Today is the birthday of actor Saeed Jaffrey, famous for his powerful voice and different style. Now he is no more in this world but his acting is still imprinted on the hearts of people. Saeed Jaffrey was born on 8 January 1929 in Malarkotla, Punjab. Saeed Jafri was educated in Allahabad and Lucknow. In the early days of his career, he joined radio in America and then started taking part in plays. Later, Saeed got a chance to prove his acting skills in serials in America and England. Today, on the occasion of his birthday, let us tell you some interesting things related to his life...
Saeed Jafri acting
Saeed Jafri started his acting from a theater in Delhi. The name of this theater was Unity Theatre. Here he successfully staged his plays. After working in Delhi, he left for London. He completed his post-graduation course in London.
- After this he got a chance to work with many well-known artists. He acted admirably in India in 'Shatranj Ke Khiladi', 'Gandhi', 'Masoom', 'Mandi', 'Trimurti', 'Dil'. His role in 'Dil' was very good. Saeed played all types of characters in his film career, from father to grandfather, villain and character actor.
- He performed brilliantly in every character. As a brilliant co-star, Saeed Jaffrey was the first choice of producer-directors in the 90s. Before working in Indian films, Saeed also acted in British films. Saeed Jaffrey was also in the news for acting in many TV shows like foreign serials 'Tanduri Nights' and 'Jewel in the Crown'.
- Saeed Jafri was married to 17 year old Mehrunisa at the age of 19, but Saeed was unhappy with his wife's domesticity and simplicity. He wanted to see his wife as a modern woman who was immersed in English culture to some extent. Eventually he got divorced from Mehrunisa.
- Later Mehrunisa became famous by the name of Madhur Jaffrey. Jafri had three daughters. Meera, Zia and Sakina. Sakina herself is an actress. Sakina also acted with Saeed Jaffrey in the 1982 film 'Masala'. After Mehrunisa, Saeed did two more marriages.
- Saeed Jaffrey, who has done more than 70 Hindi films, started getting uncle or father-in-law-type roles in Bollywood in the 90s, which he did not like much. Then he said goodbye to Mumbai and started living in London. Saeed lived in London till his last days, where he died on 15 November 2015.
- Press conference of the film 'Merry Christmas'
- BIRTHDAY SPECIAL: RAHMAN, KE NAAM BAAR BAAR SALAAM!!!
- Famous singer Shaan recorded a song in his voice from the film 'Godan'
- Surbhi Chandna looks stunning in her recent pictures and we can’t get enough of it
- International Filmmaker Mukesh Modi is releasing his film 'Political War' in February 2024