The amount that can be said and praised about Pran, the famous villain of Hindi films and a successful, brilliant, and excellent actor, is also less. Pran, who made superhits in films based on his villainy, was as bad and scary a person as he was in real life, as bad and scary a character as he played on screen. Pran's dream was to become a photographer. But perhaps his fate had something else in store. So today, on the occasion of his birthday, let us tell you some interesting stories related to his life...
Pran's Early life
- Pran passed his 12th examination from Raja High School, Rampur. To fulfill his dream of becoming a photographer, he also did an apprenticeship in a Delhi company 'A Das & Company'. In 1940, when writer Mohammad Wali saw Pran standing at a paan shop, he signed him at first sight for his Punjabi film 'Yamla Jatt'.
- This was Pran's first film and was a super hit. Pran, who emerged as a villain in the Lohar film industry, got his first break in Hindi films in 1965 with the film 'Khandaan'. In this film of Dalsukh Pancholi, his actress was Noorjahan. Before partition, Pran played negative roles in 22 films. He had become a very popular villain of that time.
The villain of a era
- After independence, he left Lahore and came to Bombay. This was a time of struggle for him. After coming to Mumbai, Pran was found in the film 'Ziddi'. Dev Anand and Kamini Kaushal were in the lead roles in this film. After 'Ziddi', Pran was seen in the role of villain in all the films of this decade.
- In 1955, his roles in films like 'Azad', 'Madhumati', 'Devdas', 'Dil Diya Dard Liya', 'Ram Aur Shyam' and 'Aadmi' with Dilip Kumar were important, and 'Munim ji' with Dev Anand ( Films like 'Amardeep' (1955), 'Amardeep' (1958) were liked. Pran had suggested the name of Amitabh Bachchan to director Prakash Mehra for the character Vijay in the film 'Zanjeer'.
This film, which I got because of Pran, turned Amitabh's career upside down. This character was earlier rejected by Dev Anand and Dharmendra. Due to Amitabh's friendship, Pran also played the role of Sher Khan in it. After this, films like 'Zanjeer', 'Don', 'Amar Akbar Anthony', 'Majboor', 'Dostana', 'Naseeb', 'Kaalia' and 'Sharabi' with Amitabh Bachchan are important.
- Pran received the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award three times. In 1997, he was awarded the Filmfare Life Time Achievement Award. Pran was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India in 2001 and the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in the same year for his contribution to Hindi cinema. Pran worked in more than 350 films.
The person with a golden heart
Due to trembling legs, he has been living in a wheelchair since 1997. Talking about Pran's personal life, he married Shukla Ahluwalia on 18 April 1945. They have three children, Arvind and Sunil, and a daughter Pinky. In 1998, Pran suffered a heart attack. He was 78 years old at that time.
- Pran breathed his last in 2013 at the age of 93. Pran had also once helped Raj Kapoor. His fees used to be more than that of a hero but he signed Raj Kapoor's film 'Bobby' for just one rupee. During that time Raj Kapoor was struggling with the financial crisis. Given this, Pran did not charge fees.
- Mahira Sharma's Stunning Black Backless Beach Look
- Maniesh Paul all set to foray into the action hero territory?
- Himanshi Khurana's OTT Debut: 'Haan Main Pagal Haan
- The Undying Melody: Remembering Jagjit Singh on His Birth Anniversary
- Ayushmann Khurrana Stresses: Empowering Children with Internet Safety